To ensure ongoing access to Primary Health Care Services for the Residents of Violet Town and the Strathbogie Shire this organisation is partnering with Euroa Health, Nagambie Health and Strathbogie Shire Council in the Strathbogie Health and Wellbeing Program (the Program).
This program is a 12 month project funded through Murray Primary Health Network to provide outreach support to people living with mental health issues and chronic disease in Strathbogie Shire.
The new model will:
- Reduce inequity across the Strathbogie municipality and allow for individual and area needs to be addressed.
- Provide a whole of municipality approach and utilises the partnerships already developed via the Strathbogie Health and Community Services Consortium.
- Assist in the utilisation of regional services by providing them local key points of contact
- Address local issues regarding access to primary health, including mental health and wellbeing services
- Streamline referral pathways with the provision of local coordinators acting as initial points of access and referral
- Provide positive publicity for the funding body with a new and innovative Shire based funding model
- Take an innovative approach to the provision of primary health care in a financially sustainable manner
- Reduce duplication
- Assist individuals and locally based service providers, such as GP's, in managing the complex service system
Program Manager - Arlene Collins
Ph. 5798 1324
GV Medicare Local - http://www.gvml.com.au/
- Strathbogie Shire Council - http://www.strathbogie.vic.gov.au/
- Nagambie Healthcare - http://www.nagambiehc.org.au/
- Euroa health - http://www.euroahealth.com.au/
- Beynd Blue - http://www.beyondblue.org.au/
- Lifeline - https://www.lifeline.org.au/
- Better Health Channel - www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/
- Diabetes Australia - http://www.diabetesaustralia.com.au/
- Arthritis Australia - http://www.arthritisaustralia.com.au/
- Heart Foundation - www.heartfoundation.org.au/
- Asthma Australia - http://www.asthmaaustralia.org.au/
- Cancer Council of Victoria - http://www.cancervic.org.au/