When you enter the Violet Town Campus we will help you to look after your health and wellbeing. By law and the morals and values we operate under we will provide you with a range of care and services as you need them. This applies if you are entering a home permanently or for a short stay, such as for residential respite care. Depending on your care needs, you may be asked to pay additional fees for some types of complex care and services.
Our Violet Town campus staff will provide basic care and services without asking you for additional payment on top of the standard care fees you may be asked to pay.
Standard care fees are:
- basic daily fee - which everyone can be asked to pay
- means-tested care fee - if your income and assets are over a certain amount
The Australian Government also pays subsidies to the home toward the cost of your care. The amount is based on your care needs.
Basic care and services include:
Accommodation services (also known as ‘hotel services’):
- maintenance of grounds and buildings
- waste disposal
- basic toiletry goods
- social activities at the home
- assistance in emergencies.
Personal care assistance with:
- bathing, showering, personal hygiene and grooming
- maintaining continence
- emotional support
- administering medicines and carrying out treatments
- designing a rehabilitation program
- arranging access to health professionals
- managing effects of any cognitive impairment.
Violet Town Campus may also offer optional additional care and services you can purchase. These are care and services the home is not legally required to provide and that also are not already part of an Extra Service agreement, which will be neogtiated. After any optional additional care and services are delivered, Violet Town Finance department will give you an itemised account.
It is important you understand everything you agree with our home. If you have any questions, please ask our friendly staff to help clarify. It is the our responsibility to make sure that what you agree to purchase and the cost is clear.